Tuesday, February 5, 2013

#499: NCMC building burning

At 2 o'clock this afternoon,
the Nantucket Community Music Center,
across from the Jared Coffin House on Center Street,
caught fire.
Men working on the roof were spraying a liquid bonding agent
onto a rubber membrane on the rear roof and
got too close to an ignition source (a propane heater?).
The video was shot by Geoffrey Smith,
just before the fire department got there.
A sad day for music on Nantucket.
think I'll play something Celtic on my flute for solace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...